The change we want to see...
Project X aims to play a role in co-creating a parallel model. The Project X Way is additive to current ecosystems, it can operate alongside our entrenched systems and create change right now and instigate broader change in the future, achieving a new, more sustainable, profitable, economic ecosystem.
Project X has pinpointed three key gaps that led us to hypothesize an alternative path:
Accessible, Place-Based Investment Vehicles
- Make investment in your own economy (place-based investment) more accessible to consumer investment, for example through a publicly listed investment holding company that invests in impact search funds, impact mortgage funds and impact innovation where it is needed most, your own communities.
- Provide endowment/foundation funds, pension funds, and acredited investors better access to alternative investments
- Reinvest profits upstream to bring innovations to market and scale faster
- Use investment as a tool to identify, prioritize and realize opportunities that create more sustainable benefits for all citizens
Accelerate Innovation Commercialization
- Focus innovation commercialization in areas of demonstrated current and predicted future need (e.g. healthcare, education, food security, fin-tech, gov-tech, climate-tech)
- Capture innovation left on the table by concentrating commercialization expertise and doing the hard work of commercializing innovation rather than training innovators to become entrepreneurs (we call these “Venture Builders”)
- Seek M&A opportunities to accelerate the pace of change in companies that perpetuate inequalities and unsustainable practices
- Create more meaningful local jobs and careers with new and growing innovation companies
- Influence the governance of Project X portfolio companies to create larger and more impactful and sustainable stakeholder benefits
- Proactively and positively address the systems that have created environmental and social inequality
- Create net new revenue streams to fund investment in social infrastructure to develop more sustainable communities